How to Get Help With Your Child Custody Case in Gilbert

November, 2013 by Alma Abell

When you are dealing with a custody case it can be difficult. These types of cases are so highly emotionally charged and are often lengthy. To make sure your rights are protected in such a case, it is important to get legal representation. A lawyer who understands the child custody laws in your state can assist you in making the right decisions to help ensure you get the best possible outcome. Though no legal case can ever be offered a guarantee, having a lawyer on your side can make a big difference.

What Happens During Child Custody, Gilbert Case?

Your child custody case will begin with you meeting with your lawyer to discuss why you should be the custodial parent. A petition for custody will need to be filed and a reason must be given for why you should be given custody. If a custody order is already in place, there must be a substantial reason for it to be changed. The judge will not be willing to revisit a custody case unless something has substantially changed in the custody situation to make the custodial parent no longer a good choice for the child. If no order is currently in place, the petition will simply need to be filed and sent to the other parent.

Once the petition has been filed, the Child Custody, Gilbert case will begin through all parties being called to appear before the judge. During this time, the attorneys will do all of the talking, unless the judge asks you a direct question. It will be up to the judge to make the decision on whether or not there is good cause for a hearing to take place on the custody issue. If the judge agrees, a hearing date will be set.

At the hearing, both sides will be allowed to speak and present testimony. The judge will listen to both sides of the Child Custody Gilbert case and then will make the final decision on which parent is given custody. If you are going through a custody case and need assistance, Click Here. Contacting Aslamy & Foster, PC can get you the legal help you need with your case.


Related Posts


Share This