Your Child Support Attorney in River Forest Will Protect Your Rights

November, 2013 by

If you have had a hard time collecting child support which you have been legally awarded, it may be time to handle things a little differently. After all, when you don’t have enough money to raise your children, life is going to be miserable. You need to set up an appointment with a Child Support Attorney in River Forest today. This way, you can get started with the process of collecting the child support that you are legally owed so that you can take care of your children.

Of course, before you can collect child support, it needs to be awarded to you. You may have to come up with the court documents stating that you are the custodial parent of the children. Usually, this is in the case. However, it has happened in the past. The next thing that you need to do is to find out where the noncustodial parent is working. This way, your Child Support Attorney in River Forest can possibly help you have wages garnished if necessary.

Many people have the opinion that they don’t want to go after child support because they don’t want to seem like they are greedy. However, if you don’t go after child support, you aren’t going to have enough money to take care of your family. It can be frustrating knowing that your children have to go with out at times because the other parent is making bad choices. Sometimes, we need to force them to do the right thing and even sometimes have the money automatically withdrawn from their paycheck. This is something that your Child Support Attorney in River Forest can help you with.

Gabrielle S. Davis is an excellent Child Support Attorney in River Forest. She will sit down with you and go over everything that you need to know about collecting your child support. She will talk to the judge on your behalf and let him know that you have not been collecting. This way, the judge will hopefully set up a payment plan that very day. It can be uncomfortable at times because you don’t want to have a confrontation with your former spouse. However, if you don’t, they may never pay you.

Related Posts


Share This