Emergency Dentist in Cliffwood – Tooth Injuries and Emergency Dental Care
Tooth injury is a common form of emergency dental issues. Trauma to the mouth, jaw, or a tooth not only damages the tooth, but the supporting bone and tissue. The amount of damage caused by a trauma like this needs to be accessed by an Emergency Dentist in Cliffwood in order to find the right solution for the patient. Emergency dental treatments can be provided by general dentists, emergency dentists, endodontists, periodontists, and/or surgical dentists working together or as a dentist with all these specialties.
Certain types of trauma to the teeth can be prevented by avoiding the following:
* Avoid grinding or clenching your teeth
* Avoid chewing on ice, hard candies, and other hard items
* Wear protective gear if you participate in sports
* Wear a retainer or mouth guard if you have problems with grinding and clenching
* Wear your seat belts when driving or riding in a vehicle
What are some instances where you need an Emergency Dentist in Cliffwood?
1) Broken jaw – If the jaw can be reset without surgery, this can be done by an emergency dentist or emergency room doctor. However, oral surgeons perform surgery when required.
2) Cracked tooth – Teeth can get cracked from trauma, chewing on hard objects, or from clenching or grinding the teeth. Severe cracks can result in damage to the pulp, resulting in an infection, which can affect the gum tissue and supporting bone. Root canals are often used to treat pulp damage.
3) Knocked out tooth – If a tooth is completely knocked out of its socket, emergency dental care is necessary. An Emergency Dentist in Cliffwood can re-plant the tooth if as long as it is properly handled between the time it is knocked out and you arrive at the dental office.
4) Dislodged tooth – If a tooth is dislodged due to injury, it needs to be correctly repositioned and stabilized by an emergency dentist. This needs to be done as soon as possible after the injury.
These are some things you can expect from your dentist in emergencies. Emergency dental treatments can encompass the use of Cosmetic Dentistry, Implant Dentistry, Oral Surgery, and other dental specialties depending on the circumstances of the injury or trauma.
Allied Dental of Old Bridge offers emergency dental services for you and your family.