How an Injury Lawyer in Ottawa County Can Help With a Workplace Injury

March, 2018 by

How an Injury Lawyer in Ottawa County Can Help With a Workplace Injury

Workplace injuries can happen on any job. While it’s more common for workplace injuries to happen in some types of employment, like construction jobs, there is the potential for a person to be injured no matter where they work or what they do. When a person is injured while working, they might want to speak with an Injury Lawyer in Ottawa County to ensure their rights are upheld.

Compensation for the Injuries

The injured person should be able to obtain compensation for the injuries sustained at their workplace. This should include sufficient funds to cover their current and future medical bills, including physical therapy if needed. It may also include compensation for other expenses, such as vehicle repairs if they’re driving their vehicle for work purposes when they’re injured. The types of compensation and amounts can vary depending on the job, the accident, and the person’s injuries.

Compensation for Lost Wages

A person injured at their workplace will likely need to stay home from work during the recovery period. During this time, they should not lose out on their typical wages. Since they are only recovering because of an injury at work, they should be compensated for the wages they might lose during the recovery period. This should be included in any settlement they might be offered along with medical bills and other expenses.

Dealing With a Claim Denial

There is a possibility the injured person’s claim will initially be denied. This could happen if there is a question as to whether they caused the accident on their own or if they were under the influence of drugs or alcohol when they were injured. If they believe they were unfairly denied compensation, the person can speak with a lawyer to file an appeal and request sufficient compensation for their injuries.

If you were injured at work and you haven’t been offered compensation for your injuries or your claim for compensation was denied, there is help available. Contact an Injury Lawyer in Ottawa County from the Bleakley Law Offices P C now to learn more about how they can help you. A lawyer will work hard to help you obtain the compensation you’re entitled to.

Related Posts

Share This