Your Child Support Attorney in River Forest Will Take Care of Your Situation

June, 2014 by Alma Abell

If you have a child and you are no longer living with the noncustodial parent, you may want to find out how you can get started with collecting child support. If the two of you were married, you were most likely granted child support in your divorce. However, if you were never married, you may want to sit down and talk with a Child Support Attorney in River Forest.

Sometimes, collecting child support can be a little difficult. After all, if they don’t want to pay, they are not going to pay. You can have it set up so that it is automatically deducted from their paycheck. However, this is something that you probably won’t be able to do without the help of a Child Support Attorney in River Forest. The reason for this is because it needs to be ordered by the court. If you don’t have this court order, you are going to have a problem.

In some cases, you may even need a paternity test so that you can prove whether or not this person is actually the father. The court is not going to award you child support if there is any worry about who the biological father really is. As you can see, this process can be very confusing. This is why you don’t want to hesitate to sit down and talk with a Child Support Attorney in River Forest. Your attorney can give you advice and let you know how much money you can collect. The amount of money that you will be given for child support is going to depend on your income as well as the noncustodial parent’s income. It will also depend on the number of children that you have.

This process is one that can sometimes take months to complete. Many people make the mistake of giving up because they get discouraged. This is yet one more reason why you should never hesitate to pick up the phone and contact a Child Support Attorney in River Forest for legal advice. The sooner you do this, the sooner you will be able to collect.

Related Posts


Share This