When You Should Get Mold Inspection in Salinas, CA
If you feel worse at home than you do when you’re outside, it might not be psychological. A hidden mold infestation may be growing in your walls or ceiling that is making you sick. This can be the case even if there is no mold smell.
Common symptoms of mold exposure start with standard allergic reactions like a runny nose, watery eyes, itchy ears, and puffiness in the face. For some people, the symptoms can be much worse. This is especially true for those with respiratory problems like COPD, but someone with a cold or flu can also find that mold worsens their illness and makes recovery harder. In rare cases, the mold can directly cause a fungal infection in the throat or lungs. Such infections are painful and can be life-threatening.
When any of these problems get worse at home, it’s a good idea to get a mold inspection in Salinas, CA. This will either confirm or rule out the idea that mold is at fault for the problems. If mold is present, a mold mitigation company like Property Restoration Services can be hired to get rid of it. Removing the mold will eliminate the allergies it causes and relieve your body from that load on its immune system.
Even if you feel fine at home, it can be a good idea to have it checked for mold under certain circumstances. If the house has been exposed to large amounts of water due to something like a burst pipe or leaky roof, mold has likely begun to grow. The presence of a mold smell is, of course, a dead giveaway that there is fungus that needs to be tracked down and eliminated. In some areas, general climate humidity can allow mold growth even when there has been no specific disaster, so don’t assume your safe if your pipes have been good. Mold inspection in Salinas, CA can allow you to discover infestations before they cause health problems or cause your house’s structure to deteriorate. If nothing is found, an inspection is still worth the investment. You’ll have peace of mind, and if you decide to sell, you’ll be able to say that the house has been inspected and found mold-free.