Tips for Finding the Right Lawyer Practicing in Child Support in Carrollton, GA
Child Support in Carrollton, GA is a very touchy issue. In fact, everywhere you turn, more and more counties are trying to cut down on child welfare. The only way they can do this is by establishing a great child support system. However, even if you are the non-custodial parent, you have rights. Hiring the right lawyer can make a world of difference when dealing with child support agents and the judge. Overcome any doubts you may have and clarify the terms of the relationship established with your legal counsel by speaking with a reputable lawyer. Here are some things you need to keep in mind when hiring a child support attorney:
* Always be prepared for your consultation visit with the lawyer. Gather any necessary documents and information you need. If you can, anticipate things by bringing additional material that could be helpful. Remember that the custodial parent has the caseworker and the child support lawyer on their side. Their sole purpose is to get as much money out of you as possible or send you to jail.
* Make a list of your concerns, staying focused on the topic of the meeting. If you leave without answering all your questions, confusion sets in and then you will frantically call your lawyer a hundred times to try and get the answers you’re looking for.
* Stay in touch with your lawyer constantly. This doesn’t mean ten calls or e-mails daily; more like once a week to see how things are going and to see if there are any new developments.
* Never try to educate your legal advisor. It’s okay to ask them to give you a satisfactory answer. But, no matter how much knowledge you think you have on the subject, it is unwise to try to educate your lawyer on the law.
* Have confidence in your attorney. Any information, intention or decision not expressed appropriately can increase or cause new conflict and result in higher costs for you.
* Usually, fees are about the same for every lawyer. If you feel that you are being cheated in some way, it is best that you turn to another lawyer. Never pay more for services that you can obtain for less somewhere else.
With these tips, you should be able to hire the right lawyer who practices Child Support in Carrollton, GA. If you have questions regarding this or any other legal matter, contact your local Carrollton attorney today.