Protect Your Important Data with LSI RAID Cards
LSI RAID cards protect your critical data with a popular architecture and excellent reliability. Ensure that everything you need is safely where you need it with advanced technology from leading data management company LSI.
As a company, LSI provides the technology and intelligence that helps customers better manage their data. It’s no secret that data is becoming more and more integral in so many sectors. From your banking information to what you buy at the store to massive scientific studies for the social good, data is constantly being harvested, and needs storage and maintenance to match its magnitude. Further, data must be valuable, and able to reach the appropriate audience, whether that is over the Internet or within big data analytics.
RAID is a data storage technology bringing together multiple disk drive components into one logical unit. The idea is to make the data redundant and improve its performance. Standing for Redundant Array of Independent Disks, RAID was first conceptualized in the late 1980s at the University of California. However, the acronym is now generally used as an umbrella term for storage schemes that help important data divide and replicate among several physical drives.
LSI has implemented this RAID technology in the form of controller cards. Controller cards, or controllers, are pieces of hardware connected to a peripheral device. Often in the form of a chip, standalone piece or expansion card, controller cards act as interfaces between components.
When your data is made redundant and thus more secure with RAID technology, and kept connected to your entire system with a controller card, you can enjoy high quality data management like never before. Some of the features of the LSI RAID card include:
- Trusted and reliable data protection for those important applications
- Ability to support highly demanding storage workloads on a server or SSD with peak performance
- Deployment and architectural flexibility through external and internal connectivity
- Server and storage infrastructure designed for broad interoperability
- Optional features such as self-encrypting drive management and flash cache protection
- Improved streaming workloads like video with excellent sequential read and write performance
- Support for 6Gb/s and 3Gb/s SATA and SAS drives for cost savings and better performance.
Take the next step in data protection and management with the LSI RAID card. You’ll benefit from the technology of an industry leader, and the performance of an amazing product. You’re in it for the long haul, and LSI is, too.