Need Extra Cash? Got Old Jewelry? Read These Tips To Sell A Diamond In Marietta
People sell jewelry for many reasons. Relief from financial difficulties, funding to start a new chapter of life, or letting go of the past are among the most common. Diamond rings in particular can bring in a large amount of money when their sentimental value has diminished. If you think you may want to sell a diamond in Marietta, read over these tips to avoid making common beginner’s mistakes.
* Before taking offers from dealers, have your diamond properly appraised. If you believe your jewelry to be worth several thousand dollars or more, get an estimate from a professional appraiser who does not buy and sell jewelry themselves. This ensures a knowledgeable, unbiased appraisal. Jewelry dealers may give you a low-ball figure, hoping to pay you less than the actual value for your jewelry. If you don’t think your jewelry is worth that much, getting offers from three or more dealers gives a good starting point for price negotiation.
* Have your pieces looking their best when displaying them to prospective buyers. A good way to do this is to soak them in hot, soapy water for a few minutes, then gently scrub them with an unused toothbrush. If you are listing jewelry online, take high resolution closeups so buyers can see your pieces in clear detail.
* If you are unhappy with offers from jewelry stores, online public marketplaces are another option. Ebay and I Do Now I Don’t are two safe and popular sites for selling diamonds.
* Be sure you are emotionally prepared to let go of your jewelry. Some people, desperate for cash, sell off family heirlooms that have been passed down through generations, only to deeply regret it later. At the same time, there are cases when it may be best to let go of certain sentimental pieces. Diamond rings from broken engagements are a good example of this.
* Local dealers tend to offer more than nationally advertised or chain businesses.
People usually associate their jewelry with important life events, worldly success, or sentimental relationships. Yet as life goes on, situations change, and people can find themselves in a position where they need some extra cash more than an old piece of jewelry. By using the advice above, you can get the full value of your jewelry when you sell a diamond in Marietta.