How To Win A Wrongful Death in Queens NY
Losing a loved one to a Wrongful Death is a tragedy. It is not a time for thinking about lawsuits. Make it easier for yourself to deal with the legal and financial side of this burden by seeking out compassionate, skilled and high quality legal representation. Let the legal professionals help you fight and win your wrongful death in Queens NY area, and surrounding New York areas.
What New York Law Requires
1. A person, business or other entity needs to be proven negligent in the individual’s death.
2. A spouse, parent or child of the deceased can pursue a lawsuit for Wrongful Death.
3. In general, the statute of limitations in New York for a Wrongful Death suit is two years from the date of death. Different circumstances may impose different time restrictions, so solicit legal help as soon as you can.
Picking the Right Law Firm
1. Look at how much experience the firm has in your area. A local, trusted and time tested firm knows the local courts, rules and judges and how they normally perceive this type of action. This is valuable to your case.
2. View their verdicts. A great firm will have a large number of quality represented cases with a high ratio of positive outcomes and monetary compensation.
3. Read what the press has reported about the firm? Have the stories been positive?
4. Trust your instincts. Do you have a good feeling about the lawyer or firm? If not, why not?
Lastly, look for a free case consultation.
While this is not the easiest time in your life, let a good solid firm help you win your case and ease your financial burdens. A recent case in the press illustrates how the law can be on your side during times of duress. A construction worker fell 9 floors. The original settlement was $250,000.00. When another law firm took over representation, they won an increased settlement of $1.5 million. This was accomplished by doing a more detailed investigation, interviewing more witnesses and proving emotional distress. Although it may be the last thing on your mind, looking for legal help during this difficult time can be the best decision you ever made.
For more information, contact Kiley, Kiley & Kiley, PLLC