Helpful Tips and Guidelines for Purchasing Wheelchairs in Mystic CT
When it is time to purchase Wheelchairs in Mystic CT, there are a number of considerations you have to make, including the type of wheelchair, the size and weight capacity and the accessories that you need for ultimate comfort. It is important to understand that when looking for a wheelchair the decision you make is not based on price. There are two basic types of wheelchairs: manual and electric. The main difference in these options is how they move.
This type of wheelchairs requires human effort in order to move. They are able to be moved by the person in the wheelchair or by the person’s caregiver.
This is a type of wheelchair that is propelled with the aid of a motor. They feature a joystick or remote control, which controls the speed and direction of the wheelchair.
Features to Consider when Purchasing a Wheelchair:
When you are purchasing a wheelchair, there are a number of features you can choose from, which include options such as:
* Nylon upholstery with or without padding
* Plastic or padded armrests
* Pouch or packet for storage of items
Helpful Guidelines for Wheelchair Specifications
It is important to consider the wheelchair specifications when making a purchase. The structure and the conditions of the equipment will be dependent on the conditions of the user. The main specifications to consider include:
* Seat Width: Typically ranges from 14 inches to 30 inches. This is not the space that is present between the arms, but rather the bottom of the chair when fully opened and flat.
* Space between the Arms: Determines whether or not a person will be able to fit inside of the wheelchair. Measure from one arm to the other in order to determine the size that is needed.
* Seat Depth: This is dependent on the height of the patient and measured from the front part of the chair to the back of the seat.
It is important to consider all of these elements when trying to select the ideal wheelchair for you or someone you care for. There are options for all sizes of people, which means no matter your needs, there is a wheelchair to accommodate you.