Health Risks Associated With Lack of Bed Bug Control in Phoenix, AZ
Bed bugs are small reddish brown bugs that survive by feeding on the blood of people and animals. They feed on these living beings while they are sleeping. That is how they got their name; bed bugs. Bed bugs have no wings so you wouldn’t notice them flying around anywhere. They are often found around beds, chairs, upholstered furniture and small, dark places. These pests can invade these spaces and cause problems for you and your family. There are also health risks associated with their presence. Here are some of those health risks.
Bed bugs have been known to carry MRSA (Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus). This can cause skin, blood or joint infections. It can also cause pneumonia. There are close to 19,000 Americans who die on an annual basis from these infections. The bed bugs may transmit this disease to humans who reside or sleep in areas that are infested with them. These infestations are simply a result of lack of Bed Bug Control in Phoenix, AZ.
Allergic reactions to bites are another health risk of allowing bed bugs to stay in your home. This can have a negative impact on the overall health of a person or animal who experiences being bitten by these pests. Bed Bug Control in Phoenix, AZ is important in eliminating these critters from the spaces in your home.
It is important to seek treatment if you experience shortness of breath, skin rashes, chest pain, difficulty swallowing or irritation around the area of the skin where a bite occurs. These are all signs that could lead to more serious health issues. If you are aware that bed bugs are present, you will need to let the medical practitioner know. This will help them determine the best course of treatment for those plagued with the health conditions mentioned.
More information on the treatment of bed bugs and elimination of them can be obtained from the professionals at Alliance Pest Management. Maintaining a healthy home environment is important and keeping pests out of your home is the first and most important step in making sure your home is safe.