Great bathroom renovation tips
With all the modern bathroom cabinets, beautiful mirrors and vanities that are readily available from the plumbers merchants in Bromsgrove, you can create a bathroom which is not only beautiful, but also functional. Gone are the days when the bathroom was just a utilitarian space; today a modern bathroom, fitted with a shower area, a beautiful tub, comfortable toilet and sink is the minimum. Once completed with ample storage space, it becomes a haven from the outside world.
The great bathroom must address all your needs; here are a few tips to keep in mind when you are planning your bathroom renovation.
1. Elegant fixtures: A pedestal sink is far more attractive than a vanity unit and a claw foot bathtub is far more elegant than an acrylic tub.
2. Sit in the tub: Before you buy the bathtub, climb in it and see how it feels. For most people, a five foot tub is ample; enough room to lie back but not so long that you can’t get a toe hold. Check the angle of the back of the tub and the lip, you are looking for comfort and back support. If the space allotted for the tub is rather small, you will find deeper units at the plumbers merchants in Bromsgrove.
3. Durable flooring: The floor of the bathroom should be impervious to water and durable. Ideal flooring is ceramic, marble or stone. Although they are all hard surfaces, under floor heating will warm them. Hardwoods are often used as long as they are well sealed; they act as a foil the other surfaces in the bathroom which are often hard and unyielding.
4. The mirror: One oval mirror over a sink, beautifully framed is far more attractive than surfaces simply covered with flat mirrors. The designer mirror can be supplemented with a wall mounted, fully adjustable mirror which is ideal for shaving and makeup.
5. Utilize space: There is a perfect space for a cabinet between the wall studs. Recess a tall cabinet into this area rather than use floor space. A three inch deep cabinet is ideal for all the various bottles that are found in modern bathrooms.
6. Shower area: Use an open shower area, one which does not require doors or a shower curtain. A system with a large centre mounted rain type showerhead and well designed drains will keep the area other than the shower area dry.
7. Good lighting: Great lighting is a must. Use halogen spot lights coupled with wall sconces on either side of the mirror, use dimmers on all lights.
If you are fortunate and have a large space, consider a built-in dressing room and other luxury fittings that are available from a plumbers merchants in Bromsgrove.