Five Ways That a Skilled Cosmetic Dentist Can Help You Achieve Your Brightest Smile
Having a great smile is an important part of maintaining a healthy self-image. Unfortunately, many people let their beautiful smiles fall by the wayside as they develop poor oral hygiene habits or fail to make regular dentist visits a priority. If this describes you, it may be time to consider a smile makeover. Read on to discover a few ways in which an experienced Cosmetic Dentist can help you recover your confidence with a smile makeover.
1. Color: Your cosmetic dentist can work with you to make sure that the color of your teeth is as natural as possible. If you have metal fillings, you may need to have them replaced. Also, your dentist may recommend that you have teeth whitening services performed in order to take care of any stains or yellowing.
2. Spacing: If your teeth are crooked or out of alignment, your dentist may be able to move them into the correct place with invisible aligners or improve their appearance with a custom set of veneers. Those who have large gaps due to missing teeth may benefit from having dental bridges or implants placed so that they can retain their bone and continue to function normally.
3. Texture: For those who have one or more chipped or broken teeth, your dentist will be able to use a bonding procedure in order to fix the problem. This will help make sure that your teeth have a smooth and even appearance.
4. Size and Length: Skilled dentists can use a laser to make modifications to your gum line in order to make short teeth appear longer. If a patient’s teeth are too short, it’s possible for them to be lengthened with bonding. If your teeth are too wide or narrow, your dentist can adjust the proportions of each tooth as needed using similar procedures.
5. Maxillofacial Issues: Unfortunately, poor oral health and bone loss can affect the shape of your face and, ultimately, the attractiveness of your smile. If necessary, a cosmetic dentist may recommend that you undergo surgery in order to improve the shape of your face.
An experienced cosmetic dentist will work with you to make sure that your mouth is healthy and that you are happy with your results every step of the way. When you’re ready for a smile makeover, Smiles by Dr. Shrenna Clifton will help you create the beautiful smile you’ve always longed for.