Easy Tips for Car Odor Removal in Baltimore
A foul-smelling car can happen overnight, or the odor can build up over time. There are a lot of things which can cause odors in your car; once you notice the smell, you’ll want to get rid of it. If the smell is coming from your engine, you’ll want to take it to an auto shop, but if there’s something spilled inside your car, these Car Odor Removal Baltimore tips can help.
* Vacuum the carpet and seats thoroughly. Odors can become trapped in upholstery and carpet, and vacuuming is an easy and effective way to eliminate them. Use the crevice tool and upholstery attachment on your vacuum cleaner—smells can hide in the tiniest spaces. If the odor is severe, you may want to hire a carpet cleaner or rent a steam cleaning machine.
* Rid your car of smoke odors. Cigarette smoke leaves an especially unpleasant smell; smoke can get into the heating and air conditioning system. Lift the hood and spray deodorizer through an air intake valve to rid your car’s interior of the odor.
* Use baking soda. If there are lingering smells in your carpet, sprinkle some baking soda, rub it in and allow it to absorb the odor. Vacuum it up, and the odor-causing particles are lifted away.
* Grab a chunk of charcoal. It’s used in water and air filters, and it’s one of the best odor absorbers available. Place a briquette somewhere in your vehicle for a few days; when you remove it, the odor will be gone.
* Make your own natural air freshener. Find a favorite essential oil and apply a few drops to some cotton balls, leaving them in your vehicle while it’s enclosed. Coffee lovers can leave a small amount of ground coffee inside; either choice will help to chase away unpleasant odors.
As many ways as there are to mask and eliminate odors from the inside of your car, there are some smells which shouldn’t be ignored. If you smell gasoline, you may have a leak which needs to be professionally repaired. If you’ve tried everything to get rid of an odor without success, you may need to take your car to a professional Car Odor Removal Baltimore service. It’s a more expensive option, but will likely have better results.