Advantages of Getting Dental Implants in Roswell
When you lose a tooth, the bone begins to atrophy due to a lack of stimulation. This causes the area to decrease in height and width. This absence of bone subsequently weakens the bone’s adjacent areas. Moreover, the missing piece causes changes in the distributions of forces between teeth during chewing. All this acts as an accelerator of problems in the rest of the teeth, as well, making dental implants in Roswell a must-have procedure.
A dental implant is a sophisticated titanium bolt (totally biocompatible material) that replaces the tooth root. Once the implant is placed, a crown, which is connected to the implant, is put in place. Although there are various options for replacing a missing tooth, without a doubt, this is the best option this industry has so far. A lot of people, when they lose a tooth, opt for a bridge. However, dentists have to cut the adjacent healthy teeth and gums, so they can act as fulcrums. This can open up a new avenue of issues for the patient and dentist in terms of pain (for the patient) and work (for the dentist).
While there are some disadvantages to having an implant, the advantages far outweigh the bad. Here are just a few of the good things that come with having dental implants in Roswell placed:
* Implants are fixed and, therefore, no problems with sliding occur.
* Unlike bridges and dentures, implants biologically integrate into the maxillary and mandibular bone. This, in addition to remarkable stability, provides no bone loss or atrophy which is normally associated with the tooth loss.
* This is a highly reliable solution, demonstrated after several decades of clinical trials. The success rate of implant-based solutions is over 95%.
* Implants provide a long term solution, often for life.
* The fear associated with unnecessary movements or detachments are over, providing greater confidence when performing the more complex of routines. An implant-based solution is definitely the closest thing to normal teeth.
* With dental implants patients have virtually no restriction on the type of food that can be consumed -; the same as they would with natural teeth.
If you are looking for a long-term solution to tooth loss, you have found it with dental implants. It is important you choose a dentist that has a history of performing this procedure successfully. For more information, contact Johns Creek Dental Excellence today.